Binghamton University, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY
Ph.D. in Latin American and Caribbean History, December 2011 Dissertation: “Zones of Scandal”: Gender, Public Health, and Social Hygiene in the Dominican Republic, 1916-1961"
Master of Arts in Latin American and Caribbean History, May 2006
Graduate Certificate in Feminist Theory, Department of Women’s Studies, May 2006
Pace University, New York, NY
Master of Science in Teaching, September 2003
Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in History, September 2001
Doula and Birth
- Birth Doula Training, Debra Pascali-Bonaro, Birth Day Presence (NYC), July 2012
- Full-Spectrum Doula Training, The Doula Project (NYC), July 2012
- Lamaze Childbirth Preparation Training Seminar, Dr. Judith Lothian and Allison Walsh, January 2013
Body & Energy Work
- Reiki I, Lisa Levine at Maha Rose (NYC), June 2013
- Thai Yoga Massage I & II Training, Jonas Westring at The Open Center (NYC), June & August 2013
- Off the Mat, Into the World Yoga In Action training, April 2012
- Anusara Yoga Teacher Training with Peter Barber and Christy Nones, September-December 2009
- Pregnancy Options Workshop 101 and 102, Backline, Oakland, CA, February 2014.
- Birth Control Basics: Education Strategies for Youth, Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) Training Institute, December 2013.
- Narativ Two Day Storytelling and Listening Intensive for Helping Professionals, November 2013.
- Intermediate Midwifery Skills Practicum with Chantia Smith, CPM, November 2013
- Beginning Midwifery Skills Practicum with Chantia Smith, CPM, October 2013
- Fertility Awareness Method: Exploring the Option, Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) Training Institute, May 2013
- Community Breastfeeding Educator Training, NYC Department of Health, December 2012
- Gynecological Teaching Associate Training, UMDNJ, 2012
- Breaking the Cycle: Working With Youth Facing Difficult Realities, PPNYC Training Institute, June 2012
- “Awakening the Female Pelvis” Teacher Training: Yoga, Breath and the Pelvic Floor with Leslie Howard, OM Yoga Center, May 2012
- The Lineage Project Yoga Training, May 2012
- New York State Insurance and Reproductive Health Care, PPNYC Training Institute, May 2012
- Sex Ed 102: Teaching and Talking About Sexuality With Confidence, PPNYC Training Institute, May 2012
- Sex Ed 101: Understanding Child Sexual Development, PPNYC Training Institute, May 2012
- Testicular Cancer: Lessons from “The Testicular Whisperer,” PPNYC Training Institute, April 2012