As a Lamaze trained childbirth educator, I teach that the process of labor and birth is normal and natural, and I strive to empower and inspire confidence in the people that I teach so that they can trust the body’s natural ability to birth. Every labor is unique; however, understanding the birth process and developing coping strategies will empower you to create your own birth vision and story, and will allow for a more comfortable and satisfying birth experience.
Classes consist of discussions, video, demonstrations, and practice. Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Childbirth
- Signs and Stages of Labor
- Comfort measures, including breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage techniques, acupressure, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization, and visualization.
- The importance of labor support
- Emotional and physical support during labor
- Movement and positioning during labor and birth
- Understanding medical interventions and their indications, risks and alternatives
- How to communicate with your health-care provider
- Creating an optimal birth environment
- Developing a birth plan
- Breastfeeding and newborn needs
- Postpartum Health
I provide group, private and semi-private childbirth preparation classes. Contact me at email@example.com for more information and rates.